Sunday, August 31, 2014

Halloween is Almost Here!

Ahh Labor Day Weekend is upon us.  Now for most folks that is a sad time but not for us crafters!  Fall is the beginning of the holiday season and that means handmade decor for your home.  The first is Halloween.  As I recently began doing clothespin wreaths I made two so far.
Spring clothespins





 This is sooo easy to make.......get a Mod Podge to attach.  I then cut a circle and hot glued the pins to the form.  I then made paper flowers and attached with some favorite Haloween creatures like spiders and bats from Michaels and Voila!  The most time consuming part is cutting and gluing.  But it really does't take that long.






Dollpins
This wreath came out so fun!  I handpainted dollpins from Joann Fabrics in black, green  purple (I glittered just the purple ones).  I used an embroidery hoop (just the inner ring) and a piece of cardboard for the part that the pins stand on.  I painted the ring purple glitter and the cardboard black and purple.  When everything dried I placed the dollpins on the cardboard and hot glued them in place.  I hand cut the letters on my scrollsaw and painted them cream with orange, black and purple dots.  Here is a tip for the perfect polka dot..use the eraser end of a pencil.  Dip it in the paint and press down.  Perfect dots everytime.
I made a bow from black glitter ribbon and aded a spunky glittery spider!

Two great wreath projects for your door!
Trick or Treat!!

Hope someone makes a version of these and posts it on here.  Would love to see yours!

Talk soon, Diane





No comments:

Post a Comment